University of Warsaw
The University of Warsaw (Polish: Uniwersytet Warszawski, Latin: Universitas Varsoviensis), established in 1816, is the largest university in Poland. It employs over 6,000 staff including over 3,100 academic educators. It provides graduate courses for 53,000 students (on top of over 9,200 postgraduate and doctoral candidates). The University offers some 37 different fields of study, 18 faculties and over 100 specializations in Humanities, technical as well as Natural Sciences.
The main campus of the University of Warsaw is in the city center, adjacent to the Krakowskie Przedmieście street. It comprises several historic palaces, most of which had been nationalized in the 19th century. The conference will be hosted in three locations at the main campus:
- Pre-conference workshops will be held in the Centre for Information Education and Computer Applications (Ośrodek Edukacji Informatycznej i Zastosowań Komputerów), ul Nowogrodzka 73
- Openning and closing sessions will take place in the audithorium of the Department of New Languages (Wydział Neofilologii), ul. Dobra 55
- All parallel sessions, keynotes and invited talks will take place in the University Library (Biblioteka Uniwersytecks), ul. Dobra 56/66
The Warsaw city centre offers wide variety of accomodations. There are several hotels close to the conference venue.
- Novotel Warszawa Centrum Hotel Novotel Warszawa Centrum is a 4 star hotel in the heart of Warsaw. It is perfect for your next business visit. Close to the iconic Palace of Culture and Science and 500 m from the railway station with a convenient connection to the airport.
- Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Renovated Sofitel Warsaw Victoria is located in the thriving centre of the capital, near the bustling business and commercial heart of city, the luxurious hotel is sure to provide top-line infrastructure and unlimited opportunities for meetings and events
- Sheraton Warsaw Hotel Sheraton Warsaw Hotel is surrounded by the city’s historic sites and modern style. Located in the center of everything, we are steps from the city’s liveliest bars and cafes, historic Old Town, Lazienski Park, the Royal Castle and the major ministries.